"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Eight Lido Restauant & Cafe (Dine, Wine, Unwind) at Johor Bahru.

Eight Lido Restaurant and Cafe (N1.463042 E103.732175) is located along the coastal road - Jalan Skudai of Johor Bahru. Unique name isn't it? It's the lot number of the building, Number 8 along Lido Beach. :)

I was invited by Mr Euginn (Nov 2011) for the foods tasting at the restaurant that night together with others food reviewer and bloggers, it also a good opportunity for me to explore around this nice architecture bungalow house...

Too bad it was dark when I reached the restaurant, I miss the nice panorama view of the Johor Straits...let me show you some photos of the restaurant...

The outdoor drinking area...

The indoor area...

The dining area...

The romantic corner for couple...

Nice lighting...

The bar area...

The wine cellar...

Every corners were decorated nicely and beautiful! The rustic ambience display by the warm light makes the area feel comfort and relax...like the cozy feeling very much!

Once we introduced each others and invited by the Restaurant Manager to the upper lever for some Spanish Tapas.

Everyone were busy talking and chatting before the Tapas serve...

Once the bell rang...the food served!

Spanish Tapas

The lamb meatball...

I like the Yummy lamb ball! The shape of beancurd look alike which had a strong cheese taste was really special and nice! Too bad, I didn't get the name of each Tapas...
Well...as usual, everyone busy taking photo of the foods...

Food photos session...

The friendly Manager - Mr Prakash introduced the foods to the gentlemen...

Mr Prakash and the bloggers...

I finished the lonely prawn (below) without other notice! Ops!

One of the Tapas served...

Next...we were invited to the dining area for western food dinner...

I forgot to tweet...Ops again!

Before the dinner serve, another chit-chat session going on...

After a short speech from Mr Prakash...the dinner started...

First, Mushroom soup with garlic bread...

Mushroom soup with garlic bread...

Figure 'Eight' presented in the soup...

Satisfied! Creamy!

Second course...Twin serving - Smoke Salmon and NZ Lamb Rack.

Smoke Salmon and NZ Lamb Rack

The Salmon was good with the Citrus Mustard Sauce, but the Rack of Lamb was dry and it was not tender enough...maybe I was the unlucky one...

The dry Lamb Rack...

Third course - Lamb Shank and NZ Tenderloin Steak...

Lamb Shank (up) and NZ Tenderloin Steak (down)

Lamb shank was tender and Delicious! Everyone like it and we finished it within 5 minutes! The medium rare NZ Tenderloin was nice and flavourful...but I prefer medium...

Medium rare NZ Tenderloin Steak

I was totally Full after the third course! That made me activated my 'spare tank' for the dessert!

The Trio Dessert served right after the third course...

The Trio Dessert

 
The Bread and Butter pudding


The star-shaped Crème Brulee served with crunchy Caramelized top layer

Sangria fruit pudding

Among all, I like the Bread & Butter very much. The Crème Brulee was nice especially the crunchy Caramelized layer, but it was too sweet for me...I like the aroma of the Sangria fruit pudding, too bad cannot finish it due to my 'spare tank' also Full!

Overall, I like the foods tasting organized by Euginn and thank you very much to Mr Allen from Eight Lido. It was a good opportunity and my pleasure to know others bloggers at Johor Bahru.

Below are the guests photos of the night...




It's Nice environment for dinner and I will come back for other dishes from Eight Lido!

Eight Lido Restaurant and Cafe
No. 8, Jalan Skudai, Straits View,
80200 Johor Bahru.
Tel: 607 – 2227 808, 2227 807  Fax: 607 – 2227 806


Location map of Eight Lido Restaurant and Cafe at Johor Bahru


blog comments powered by Disqus