"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Friday, November 02, 2012

A small fishing village at Johor - Kong Kong

Out of the curiosity, we drove to the Kong Kong Fishing Village (N1.51836 E103.99752) for nothing on one of the cloudy Saturday afternoon...

I found one of the special of this small village is the road direct us until 'The End'!...Well, it stop next to Johor River...

Photobucket
The end of the road at Kong Kong, Johor.

Peaceful!
Was the first impression of the village, I felt...
So we strolled around the very small jetty and also the surrounding...accompany with nice cool breeze from the Johor River...where the Johor civilaization began...

Photobucket
One 0f the 'Kelong' floating on Johor River...

We found a simple and Classic kopitiam situated along the river, without the second thought...we ordered our coffee and continue enjoy the scenic view of the village.
Kind of strange, I like this area very much! No doubt it's a nice photography area, but I didn't bring my digital camera, just wanted a simple visit of it...

Photobucket
Kedai Kopi Kim Lee - A 70s kopitiam...

The kopitiam was not crowded during our visit, the calm atmosphere really made us enjoy the nice aroma coffee on our table.

Photobucket
The washroom of the coffee shop is another unique to me...it has the 60s design where I only saw it at my grandfather house those days many years ago. It's really brought back my childhood memory when I discovered this!
That was the reason I had a second cups of coffee again in the shop...

Photobucket
The traditional design of the washroom during the 60s...

Photobucket
The well next to the toilet...

Have you experience this type of toilet before?!

Beside that, I found a clinic, school, mosque and the famous Tai Son Seafood Restaurant in the village. Still many more to explore...this was the second fishing village I like in Johor state, the first one was Kampung Pendas nearby the Second Link.

I promise myself that I will definitely have another visit to this village and make sure I bring my digital camera!

It's a nice place to calm down and relax when you have a continuous hectic days of city life!

*  Photos were taken by Nokia phone E71, apologies for the poor quality.

Location map of Kong Kong small village at Johor.


blog comments powered by Disqus