"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Padang Brown Lok Lok, Penang

Padang Brown Lok Lok  (N5 24.861 E100 19.003)
My last visit here was about 10 years ago! My parents like to bring me here when I was a kid...during that time, everyone at Penang just named it The Padang. And I only realised this time the area called "Padang Brown", I believe the Restaurant on Penang Hill was named from the same person 'David Brown'. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

The Padang Brown Hawker Center of Penang

We were having our lunch here after the Qing Ming Festival. I missed the Lok-lok very much, and I felt comfortable and enjoy having the lok-lok even under the hot sunny day! :)

The Lok-Lok

The empty table was fill up in a minutes! And it has everything on the table...

"Lok Lok is similar to a steamboat where fresh food is skewered on bamboo sticks and cooked in a pot of boiling water, dip into the special sauce and you are in for a great time trying 30 over different varieties. For example fresh clam, cuttlefish, fish ball, sea snail, jelly fish." Source from here.

Beside the foods, I also love the chili sauce very much! Which mixed with dark sweet sauce which I cannot find elsewhere at Johor.

The Chili and the Dark Sweet Sauce for the Lok Lok
Some photos of the Lok Lok...

Spring roll with crab meat

The Jelly Fish

Beside the Lok Lok, I also ordered the Penang Assam Laksa. And surprisingly, it was delicious! Almost the same standard as the Famous Ayer Itam Assam Laksa!

The Damage for the Penanag Padang Lok Lok : MYR55.00 included drinks for 4 adults and 1 child. My stomach was full and it last me until 10pm dinner! Haha!

Location map of the Padang Brown Lok Lok of Penang


blog comments powered by Disqus