Underwater World of Langkawi Island
Entrance Fees : Adults MYR38.00 (Foreigner) MYR28.00 (Malaysian), Children 3-12 years old MYR28.00 (Foreigner) MYR18.00 (Malaysian), Senior citizens 50 years old and above : MYR22.00
Opening Hour :
Mon - Thu : 9.30am - 6.30pm
Fri - Sun & Public Holiday : 9.30am - 8.30pm
"The new building (with 60,000 sq. ft built-up area) which displays Tropical Rainforest, Temperate and Sub-Antarctic Ecosystems, and a three-dimensional (3D) theatre with a 200-seating capacity is now open to the public. The new temperate section also includes an underwater penguin tunnel for visitors to view swimming penguins." Source from here.
This new building (Phase II) is officially opened by Malaysia Ex-PM : Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad on 28th May 2005.
The Tunnel where you can see the penguins swim on top of you...
Southern Fur Seals was dreaming...
I believe all of these Penguins and Seals are because of Malaysia Ex-Prime Minister - Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's Expedition to the Antarctica during February 2002.
The Eden Cafe of Underwater World
The entrance of the Marine area
The Leopard Stingray swim Too fast that I can't get a clear photo...and the sharks were too calm...
There were many types of Sea Urchin around the marine section
The Giant Stingray continue to swim on top of us...
What is this ugly stuff? OH! It's a Stone Fish
Beautiful Mantis Prawn
I like the colour of the Jellyfish very much! :)
The Coral World was at the end of the Aquarium...
The last section of the Aquarium was the souvenir center...we didn't buy any of it.
The Souvenir Section
We spent almost 1 and the half hour in it and say bye-bye to The Underwater World of Langkawi. My daughter was very happy because of soooo many type of fishes!
When I stepped out of the building, Surprised! The ZON (Duty Free store) was just beside, YEAH! I gotta grab some beers! The price was Incredible!! MYR1.80 for Tiger per can! MYR2.70 for Budweiser per can! Oh! Grab one dozen and gonna enjoy it at the Hotel later...
Related post :
* My Trip to Langkawi Island on September 2010
* Grand Continental Hotel at Kuah, Langkawi Island
* Sunset Of Cenang Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Lighthouse Restaurant at Tengah Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Langkawi Cable Car at Langkawi Island.
* The Famous Sky-Bridge of Mount Machinchang, Langkawi Island.
* Restoran Nasi Kandar Tomato at Cenang Beach, Langkawi Island
* The Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Fish Farm at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Bat Cave at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* Wonderland Seafood Store at Kuah Town, Langkawi Island
* Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant at Kilim Geoforest Park, Langkawi Island