After everything settled, we check out from the Grand Continental Hotel from Kuah Town and headed to The Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant (N6 25.018 E99 51.793) for our lunch. (We were actually attracted by the name)
The Floating Restaurant is located at Kilim River which is at the East of Langkawi Island (You can refer to the picture of Google Earth here). The duration took about 20 minutes from Kuah Town to Kilim Jetty. Once we reached the Jetty, I made a call to the restaurant, and we waited for the boat transfer at the Jetty. (Please call the restaurant before you drive to the Jetty to make sure they are open, then call them again once you reach the Jetty. The boat transfer is Free Of Charge)
After about 10 minutes from the Jetty, we reached The Hole In The Wall Restaurant.
The Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant
The area is Clean and Tidy!
Before the foods serve, the restaurant invited us to walk in their Fish Farm. Nice!
The Fish Farm of Hole In The Wall Restaurant
One we visited yesterday. And the Show was same as every fish farm.
The Excitement of the Ray...! :)
After 15-20 minutes, the waitress informed us that our lunch was ready and already served on the table!
Special Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Baked Fish - Ikan Bakar
I like the Special Fried Rice served with 3 big prawns and fried chickens, the fried rice was tasty! The Pineapple Fried Rice was nice with the presentation. Mango Salad was above average. We liked the Baked Fish very much!
The Damage : MYR103.95 for 2 adults and 1 child included drinks. The charges was reasonable especially the environment. I will be back again!!
Rated : 4.8/5
Once we paid the bill, the boat was waiting to take us back to Kilim Jetty...(but you are allow to stay as long as you want)
We supposed to have some shopping before we leave Langkawi Island, just because we spent more than 2 hours at The Hole In The Wall Restaurant which was not in our schedule, so we had to catch our Ferry in time and forget about the shopping.
Once we reach the Langkawi Jetty, return the Red Isrrari and got our deposit back...we jumped into the Ferry and said Bye-Bye to Langkawi Island! We will see you again in next year! :)
The Hole In The Wall Restaurant
Tel : +604-9675301
Related post :
* My Trip to Langkawi Island on September 2010
* Grand Continental Hotel at Kuah, Langkawi Island
* Underwater World of Langkawi Island
* Sunset Of Cenang Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Lighthouse Restaurant at Tengah Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Langkawi Cable Car at Langkawi Island.
* The Famous Sky-Bridge of Mount Machinchang, Langkawi Island.
* Restoran Nasi Kandar Tomato at Cenang Beach, Langkawi Island
* The Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Fish Farm at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Bat Cave at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* Wonderland Seafood Store at Kuah Town, Langkawi Island
Location map of The Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant