The Kilim Gepforest Park of Langkawi Island
"The Kilim Karst Geoforest Park in the eastern part of the main Langkawi Island features magnificently formed landscape of nearly vertical to subrounded limestone hills with pinnacles of various shapes and sizes, can be viewed on limestone Setul Formation.
The northeast region of Langkawi, encompassing the three river basins of Kilim, Air Hangat and Kisap and the neighbouring islands of Langgun and Tanjung Dendang are spectacular in its beauty with the geological and landscape resources, the seas, the mudflats, beaches, the wetland mangrove and the unique fauna and flora that have long coexisted in these ecosystems..." Source from Kilim Karst Geoforest Park.
We arrived at the Jetty around 4.30pm. It was the best timing to visit the area, because there will not have many tourists that time and our boat won't attack by those busy waves from other boats (advise from friend). We took the One 1 hour Mangrove Tour package which was included the Eagle feeding, Bat Cave and Fish Farm, cost MYR200.00 per trip.
(You can choose the Tour package from 1 hour to 4 hours)
One of the boat approaching the Jetty
It was simple and easy, once we bought our tickets and the boatman was ready at the Jetty. Life jackets will be provided to all passengers.
The photos around the Kilim Geoforest Park...
The Limestone Hill
The well protected Mangrove area
The Mangrove and the Limestone Setul Formation
Series of the Limestone Hill...
Beside the Limestone, the Mangrove forest was no the other side on the river...It was Green! I like it very much!
The Mangrove Trees
Seems like the mangrove trees are different from the mangrove at Pulau Kukup, Johor.
During the boat tour, we passed by the Fish Farm area. All this floating farms were powered by TNB! Not generators. Surprised!
One of the exit to the open sea, can you see the Langgun Island at the background?
We were Really enjoy the scenery and the flesh air over here! Wow! How nice if we can station the boat at the river more than an hour? :)
Fisherman on the way back home...
I will blog about the Eagle Feeding, Fish Farm and Bat Cave in my next post...you can check out the activities location from the pictures below which I captured from Google Earth.
Activities area at the Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
Related post :
* My Trip to Langkawi Island on September 2010
* Grand Continental Hotel at Kuah, Langkawi Island
* Underwater World of Langkawi Island
* Sunset Of Cenang Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Lighthouse Restaurant at Tengah Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
* The Langkawi Cable Car at Langkawi Island.
* The Famous Sky-Bridge of Mount Machinchang, Langkawi Island.
* Restoran Nasi Kandar Tomato at Cenang Beach, Langkawi Island
* The Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Fish Farm at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* The Bat Cave at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
* Wonderland Seafood Store at Kuah Town, Langkawi Island
* Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant at Kilim Geoforest Park, Langkawi Island
Location map for the Kilim River Jetty, Langkawi Island.