"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Friday, October 15, 2010

The Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island

The Eagles Feeding area (N6 25.061 E99 52.345) is about 3.2km away from the Kilim River Jetty. The boatman was started to put some chicken intestine, meat and skins to the river from the back of the boat. I was thinking can the hungry eagles see this??

Chicken skins and others...

Well, I was wrong! 'The Eagles can be able to focus object from 2-3km away!' The boatman explained, Impressed!
During that time, all the wild eagles were waiting surround us...

There were not few of them, but almost 50-60 eagles...and it was getting more and more!!
Once the boatman finish putting the chicken skins, he turned the boat and let us see the spot just in front of us. We were definitely Surprised! There were many eagles circles on top of us and flew down to the surface One-By-One to hunt for their foods!
WOW! That scene was really amazed us!

The Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park, Langkawi Island


The Eagles were TOO fast and I'm TOO slow! I admit I cannot capture A nice photos of them! The photos above are a few from my 220 shots of the eagles...
We really enjoy the session and it was A First Experience in our life! It was Awesome!

When everyone were concentrated on the water surface, I suddenly look up the sky and I was Shock! The sky was Full of Eagles circling and waiting for their turns....
(Again, I apologies I can't snap A good photos of them...)



The Eagles on top of us!

This was the First time we were SO close to the eagles! It was about less than 10 meters! During the session, my wife and my daughter was stretching their eyes and enjoy the moment quietly, you can hear the water sound where the eagle's claws touching the water! But I had to view that moment from my lens...:(
The boatman told us that these were the smaller eagle available in Langkawi Island, it's named - Brahminy Kite.

After about 30 minutes watching the eagles, the boatman brought us to one of the spot nearby...then pointing Very far in the jungle and said : "Look, that is the White Bellied Sea Eagle!" This bird is 2 times Bigger than the Brahminy Kite!

White Bellied Sea Eagle at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island

We loved this Tour VERY MUCH!
Beside the Fabulous Scenery of Kilim Geoforest Park, we still be able to experience the Eagles Surrounding us. Great!
This was the my main purpose to visit Langkawi Island. :)

I advise to take the Mangrove Tour if you are first time visiting the Geopark, you won't regret it!

The Brahminy Kite Eagle

Related post :
My Trip to Langkawi Island on September 2010
Grand Continental Hotel at Kuah, Langkawi Island
Underwater World of Langkawi Island
Sunset Of Cenang Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island
The Lighthouse Restaurant at Tengah Beach (Pantai), Langkawi Island 
The Langkawi Cable Car at Langkawi Island.
The Famous Sky-Bridge of Mount Machinchang, Langkawi Island. 
Restoran Nasi Kandar Tomato at Cenang Beach, Langkawi Island
The Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
The Fish Farm at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island
The Bat Cave at Kilim Geoforest Park of Langkawi Island  
Wonderland Seafood Store at Kuah Town, Langkawi Island 
Hole In The Wall Floating Restaurant at Kilim Geoforest Park, Langkawi Island 

Location map of the Eagles Feeding at Kilim Geoforest Park


blog comments powered by Disqus