The Ghee Hiang (200 meters away towards town area from Him Heang) and Him Heang (exactly opposite) shops are just opposite of the 1926 Heritage Hotel. Before we leave Penang, we bought some of the Tau Sar Pneah from this two shops. I prefer the taste of Ghee Hiang than Him Heang.
"Ghee Hiang brand was started since 1856....it's been a tradition."
Below is some pictures of the shop and the "Tau Sar Pneah".
If you happen in Penang, please give a try! You won't regret!
Burmah Road of Penang is one of the busy road. As you can see the traffic condition during Chinese New Year.
After we checked out from the Hotel, we drive to Butterworth for our lunch. I choose this Kim San Kopitiam (N5°24.851' E100°23.083') at Taman Bagan just to have the Jawa Mee (Noodle). But too bad, the stall had change the ownership...and the taste of the noodle is not as good as before....disappointed!!
Once everyone filled up their stomach, we heading back to Johor....
Penang Trip - Chinese New Year 2009 :-
* Dengkil R & R (RSA) Area - Selangor
* Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center, Butterworth
* Blossom Seafood Steamboat at Auto City, Butterworth
* The Nine Emperor Gods Temple (九皇大帝) at Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth
* Long House Seafood Restaurant, Batu Kawan - Butterworth
* Auto City of Juru - Butterworth
* 1926 Heritage Hotel at Burmah Road, Penang
* Funicular Train Station at Penang Hill, Ayer Itam - Penang
* Top of Penang Hill (Flagstaff Hill), Penang
* David Brown's Restaurant, Penang Hill - Penang
* Bellevue Hotel at Penang Hill, Penang
* My CNY Penang Trip
MY TRIPS - Home