The common topic :-
Among friends and especially at the coffee shop, the most common topic I heard was :-
1) Economy downturn.
- "I heard that factory gonna close down already!"
- "Mr A and Mr B had been retrenched!"
- "That factory going to close and swift to Butterworth"
2) Traffic Congestion.
- "Wah! Penang Town area jam like nobody business!"
- "The Penang Bridge Toll long queue for 5km!"
I heard the same topics repeat and repeat again at everywhere....
The most excited moment I had :-
1) Visit Penang Hill after 25 years!
2) Stayed at one of my favorite hotel - 1926 Heritage Hotel
3) Met my old friend at Penang - Bob, Khoo & Lance.
The local foods I had at Penang :-
1) Penang Jawa Mee (Noodle)
2) Penang Ice Kacang
3) Penang Dry Curry Mee (Noodle)
4) Penang Char Kuey Tiaw (Fried rice noodle)
The above Jawa Mee & Ice Kacang were sell at the same kopitam (Coffeeshop). Located at Jalan Teratai of Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth. (N5°26.317' E100°23.200')
The above Jawa Mee & Dry Curry Mee were selling at one of the coffee shop at Chai Leng Park. It's located at the junction of Jalan Kurau and Lebuh Kurau 3. (N5°23.110' E100°23.581')
I had Char Kuey Tiaw many times! Most of them were equally good!
I even taste the Famous Malay Char Kuey Tiaw at Sungai Dua, Butterworth. It's GOOD! They can fried it so delicious!
But I cannot understand how can I MISS the Penang Assam Laksa??!! I really missed it this time.....
The most upset moment I had :-
1) Forgot to eat Penang Assam Laksa! (I cannot forgive myself!)
The Unforgettable memory I had :-
Holiday with my family!!
Penang Trip - Chinese New Year 2009 :-
* Dengkil R & R (RSA) Area - Selangor
* Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center, Butterworth
* Blossom Seafood Steamboat at Auto City, Butterworth
* The Nine Emperor Gods Temple (九皇大帝) at Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth
* Long House Seafood Restaurant, Batu Kawan - Butterworth
* Auto City of Juru - Butterworth
* 1926 Heritage Hotel at Burmah Road, Penang
* Funicular Train Station at Penang Hill, Ayer Itam - Penang
* Top of Penang Hill (Flagstaff Hill), Penang
* David Brown's Restaurant, Penang Hill - Penang
* Bellevue Hotel at Penang Hill, Penang
* Famous Tau Sar Pneah of Penang
MY TRIPS - Home