"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Forgotten Johor Zoo, Johor Bahru (Part 2)

By step up the stairs, I'm visited the African Lion cage. I was excited, because it's the whole Lion family! And I love the Lion's roar!

That is about 4 meters height from the place I stand to the Lion's cage.


The Happy Lion Family

The daddy...(Male lion)

The Female lioness - look at the sharp teeth!

The lion (Panthera leo) is a member of the family Felidae and one of four big cats in the genus Panthera. With some males exceeding 250 kg (550 lb) in weight,[4] it is the second-largest living cat after the tiger. Click for more.

The leg of the male lion

I was standing by the cage to enjoy the 'Roar' of the male lion for almost 30 minutes. I wonder why it's keep on roar....after a while, I understand what it need!! It's Horny! Haha!

I'm appreciates I be able to caught it! But it's chased away all the girls beside the cage! Haha!

After 1 hour at the Lion cage, I continue to walk around...

The environment is calm at relax within the Zoo. Hopefully somebody will improve the maintenance and make it a Better Zoo of Johor.

The roof of this hut was dangerous! It might hurt the visitors if it fall...

The Camel

Beautiful Rhinoceros Hornbill

The Rhinoceros Hornbill, Buceros rhinoceros, is one of the largest hornbills, adults being 110-127 cm (43-50 in) long and weigh 2-3 kg (4.4-6.6 lbs). The Rhinoceros Hornbill lives in captivity for up to 35 years. It is found in only the highest form of rain forest. Click for more.

Colourful parrot

Binturong

The Binturong (Arctictis binturong), also known as the Asian Bearcat, the Palawan Bearcat, or simply the Bearcat, is a species of the family Viverridae, which includes the civets and genets. Click for more.

Iguana
Iguana is a genus of lizard native to tropical areas of Central and South America and the Caribbean. The genus was first described by Austrian naturalist Josephus Nicolaus Laurenti in his book Specimen Medicum, Exhibens Synopsin Reptilium Emendatam cum Experimentis circa Venena in 1768. The genus Iguana includes two species: the green iguana (a popular pet) and the lesser Antillean iguana. Click for more.

I fotgot the name of the animal above, does it look like Flamingo?

Related post :-
* The Forgotten Johor Zoo at Johor Bahru (Part 1)
* The Johor Zoo - The Double (Part 3)





MY TRIPS - Home

blog comments powered by Disqus