"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Monday, March 15, 2010

Famous Assam Laksa of Ayer Itam, Penang

After we got down from Penang Hill, we were starving for food! The best food and yet very close to us was the Famous Penang Assam Laksa at Ayer Itam of Penang.

The 2nd World War Monument at Ayer Itam Penang

So I decided to taste again the stall located beside the 2nd World War Monument (just beside the roundabout of Ayer Itam, Penang) (N5 24.347 E100 16.963). This was one of my All time favorite Penang Assam Laksa! I chose this stall rather than another Famous stall located at the Ayer Itam Wet Market is because of the poor Hygiene!

The Assam Laksa hawker at Ayer Itam, Penang

 Other hawker stalls along the road

The hawker stalls are just parked along the main road to Penang Hill Train Station, you will definitely won't miss this area if you hit the roundabout of Ayer Itam, Penang.

It was as crowded as usual

I ordered the Big size...cause I only be able to taste it once a year! Haha! Even the area was packed with customers, but the Laksa serve in 5 minutes! Impressed!


The Assam Laksa was tasty as usual! But it felt like below my expectation! The taste was the same but Not the soup! Honestly, I'm very particular with taste of the Penang Assam Laksa soup... (Lack of the assam sourness and spicy of the bird's eye chili)
Little disappointed after the meal, as for others...I believe they will say Good!

The bowl of Penang Assam Laksa cost MYR3.50 (CNY price)
Rated : 3.5/5

Location map of the Penang Assam Laksa Stall


blog comments powered by Disqus