"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Monday, March 22, 2010

Ho Ping Coffee Shop (Kopitiam) at Penang Road, Penang

Ho Ping Kopitiam (Traditional Chinese Coffee Shop) (N5 25.161 E100 19.928) it's located in the junction of Penang Road and Jalan Kampung Malabar. (Ho Ping means Peaceful in Chinese) We got attracted by the hawkers in the shop along our walk at Penang Road.

Ho Ping Kopitiam (Traditional Chinese Coffee Shop)

I like the setting of these traditional type of coffee shop...
The two stalls which selling Pork Noodle and Char Kuey Teow (Fried rice noodle) looks really attractive! We went into the shop and ordered the foods without discuss among ourself! Haha!

The Pork Noodle :-
It serve with all the pork intestine, vegetables and mee-hoon (vermicelli). Taste good! We like the soup very much! It cost MYR5.00 each. (Can't see it in JB)

The Pork Noodle of Ho Ping Kopitiam

The other hawker which got my attraction was this Char Kuey Teow stall. The charcoal stove was really unique and I hardly see it elsewhere...

The Charcoal Stove of the Char Kuey Teow hawker

He (the Char Kuey Teow hawker) was preparing about 30 packs for take away when I order mine...so, I have to wait for about 30 minutes...and that situation made me more hungry while waiting...:)

Authentic Penang Char Kuey Teow

Look at the 4 prawns well presented on it! Wah! I like very much! There is NO way to taste this at Johor Bahru at all! It was Delicious! Cost MYR3.50.
Beside the ingredient, the charcoal stove also make the different, it provided the heat for the wok equally compare with the modern gas stove. (Learned it from the local)

By comparing the Famous Char Kuey Teow at Lorong Selamat, Penang (from local recommendation) and this hawker, both of them are equally good! But I prefer this because of the Attitude!

We Rated :-
The pork noodle - 3/5

The Char Kuey Teow - 4.5/5

I will come back again on my next trip to Penang! 

Location map of Ho Ping Kopitiam (Coffee Shop)


blog comments powered by Disqus