"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Din Tai Fung Taiwanese Restaurant at Bishan Junction 8, Singapore

Din Tai Fung (鼎泰丰) Taiwanese Restaurant (N1 21.039 E103 50.943) is located at Bishan Junction 8 Shopping Complex, Singapore. I love to taste their Xiaolongpao 小笼包 (Little Dumpling) since the first time I had it at Taipei 2004. Let me start with their History...

History
"The founder of DinTaiFung was Bingyi Yang, born 1927 in China’s Shanxi Province. In the summer of 1948, Bingyi Yang decided at the age of 21 to leave the KMT-CCP Civil War in China behind. He boarded the ferry “Hualien” and decided to seek his fortune in Taiwan with an uncle there. With the help of his uncle’s wife, Yang found his first job in Taiwan – as a deliveryman with “HengTaiFung”....“DinTaiFung” soon stopped selling oil entirely and became a full-fledged restaurant. This was also where the legend of how “DinTaiFung” became an international brand began." Source from Here.

We were invited by my brother in-law in one of the Sunday afternoon to take our lunch at Din Tai Fung Restaurant. I will definitely won't miss this chance because it's been more than 6 years that I never have a chance to taste the Delicious Xiaolongpao (little dumpling) again! :)

Nice and tidy Taiwanese style in the restaurant

Once we ready, my sister in-law did the order. I'm anxiously waiting for the dumplings to serve on the table...
The first dish that served on the table was the Famous Din Tai Fung Appetizer.

Appetizer

Follow by the Steamed Cold Chicken (Forgive me, I don't know what they called it in English). It was really as cold as just took out from the fridge! And...the chicken was gentle and succulent! 

Steamed Cold Chicken

One of the Din Tai Fung Signature Dish : Special Recipe Noodle.

And my Favorite!! Xiaolongpao 小笼包 (Little Dumpling) !!

Famous Xiao-long-pao 小笼包 from Din Tai Fung

Accolades
Din Tai Fung is known internationally for its xiaolongbao. Din Tai Fung was ranked as one of the world's top 10 restaurants in 1993 by The New York Times.

You gotta be careful when you bite on the dumplings, because the juices might just spill everywhere!! Haha!

We also ordered their Famous Fired Rice with Pork Chop. It was also one of the Best dish of that day! I never taste it before at Taipei, first time in Din Tai Fung of Singapore.

Signature Fried Rice with Pork Chop

Even I cannot really remember 100% of the taste of Din Tai Fung at Taipei, but I can assure that the dishes serve in this restaurant are as good as the Main shop in Taipei!
Delicious!

Rated : 4.5/5

We will definitely come back for more!!

Operation hour :-
Week day and Saturday : 11am - 10pm
Sunday : 10.30am - 10pm
Public Holiday : 10am - 10pm
Official website : http://www.dintaifung.com.tw/en/index.asp

Location map of Din Tai Fung, Singapore


blog comments powered by Disqus