"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Sunday, January 27, 2013

Photo Sharing : Johor Street Food Festival (柔佛街头美食节) 2012 at Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru.

The Johor Street Food Festival event was held from 30th November to 2nd December 2012 on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Jalan Dedap 25 (N1.54211 E103.79943), Taman Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru. There were many VIP on the opening ceremony including the Tourism Minister of Malaysia - Ms Ng Yen Yen.

We visited on Saturday evening and the whole street was packed with peoples! Let me share some photos of the event with you...

Once we stepped in the street, I heard a song from Doraemon...Oh! It was from this stall...the queue was really long...
ang...ang...ang...ang...

Photobucket
Most of the food stalls were from Johor Bahru and some from Skudai, Pontian, Muar, Kulai and even I saw one stall from Malacca...

Photobucket
The organizer arranged the tables and chairs in the middle of the walkway...


Photobucket
We didn't eat anything from the event due to too crowded and not comfortable sitting in the middle of the walkway...

Photobucket
The Taiwanese famous fried chicken or so called chicken chop had at least 4 stalls in the row...

Photobucket
One of the Taiwanese chicken chop stall

Photobucket
Biscuits stall...

Photobucket
Tibits...

Photobucket
One of the famous local snacks - Ban Jian Kuih (peanut pancake)

Photobucket
The Ban Jian Kuih is one of my favorite since I was a kid...

Photobucket
Fruits stall...

Photobucket

Photobucket
I think it was the grilled lamb (above) and it was really special!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another popular food was 'octopus ball' and also the fried radish cake...

Photobucket
Tampoi Fried Radish cake

Photobucket
You can even find pizza in the Street Food Festival!

Photobucket
The chicken wing was not bad! We packed and enjoyed it after back home...

The cutterfish was from Malacca...next to it was the Dim Sum stall...

Amazing! Look at the volume of the sugarcane they had sold!...

Photobucket
Sugarcane drink...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
There were also about 3 stalls selling the Penang Assam Laksa...too bad, I didn't have a chance to try it...

Photobucket
The 'snack' above is my favorite too! I just don't know how to name it...

At the end (actually was the start point) of the row, there was a stage with performance wiht a lot chairs for the everyone to enjoy after a nice dinner in the Street Food Festival...I was attracted by the pineapples!

Photobucket
I really admired the effort they put in for this...some kind of...Huge Pineapples 'frame'.

Photobucket
The stage with performance...

Photobucket

Total of 170 stalls in that street on that evening, and the organizer trying their best to make it to 200 stalls in year 2013. Let's wait for the event this year!

We didin't try any of the foods in the street, just because of the huge crowd that made me lost of appetide, I felt regretted...sigh...

Basically, you can try most of the street food of Johor in one place, regardless of races...all kind of foods, Great! And I wish I can have 'a few' stomach to fill all my favorite in our visit, am I too greedy?! Haha!

See you again in Street Food Festival of 2013!

Location map of the Street Food Festival 2012 at Tmn Johor Jaya, Johor Bahru


blog comments powered by Disqus