"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Monday, January 11, 2010

Dinner at Jonker Street, Malacca 2009

After a long walking tour at Malacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary, we continue to Jonker Street - Malacca (Melaka) for dinner.

This is the first time having my dinner over here. I heard there are many Good Nyonya Foods around the area. So we decided to stop at the small lane which connect Jalan Tokong and Jonker Street (Jalan Hang Jebat) (N2°11.862' E102°14.744'), you can refer from the map at the end of this post.

My intention here was to search for the Nyonya Laksa. While walking pass this shop (below), I remember I saw it somewhere from the internet, so we decided to take our dinner here...

And placed our order immediately at the hawker stall beside...

To avoid long queue from the stall, my wife bought some Sushi from the stall next to our table...

The Sushi stall, half of the customers were Caucasian.

The order :-

* Nyonya Curry Laksa
* Nyonya Assam Laksa
* Melaka Cendol

Nyonya Curry Laksa

Nyonya Assam Laksa

Melaka Cendol

By looking at the pictures above, I think you might know how was the food taste...
The Curry & Assam Laksa were just A NORMAL without any Specialty from Nyonya Taste!! The Cendol was just NORMAL like the stall along Johor Bahru street! Honestly, nothing Special about it! The meal cost as normal as other street food.

I confirmed we hit the wrong stall! Haha! Too bad, have to wait till next visit again...
You can try it if happen in this area, but don't expect any special on it...

We had a walk later on the Jonker Street after the disappointed dinner...Spotted the public toilet just at the corner...MYR0.20 per entry

Public Toilet at Jonker Street

Passed this unique handicraft shop at Jonker Street

Then I notice...This Is the Shop we were searching for! Marked down in my GPS, will be back soon! :)

Found this Unique Cafe - Limau Limau Cafe at Jalan Hang Lekiu which is opposite the Kampung Kling Mosque. The word 'Limau' (in Malay) mean Lemon. The special of it was...the cafe is not selling Any Alcohol and this is A Non-Smoking Cafe. The second Non-Smoking Cafe I found along Jonker Street...

Limau Limau Cafe at Jalan Hang Lekiu - Malacca

Related post about Jonker Street :
* Jonker Walk Night Market, Malacca (Melaka)-(CNY 2008 Trips)
* Stalls at Jonker Street Night Market, Malacca (Melaka)


The location of our Dinner at Jonker Street







MY TRIPS - Home

blog comments powered by Disqus