"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Perak Cave at Ipoh, Perak.

(N4°38.663' E101°05.953')
Perak Cave (霹雳洞; Perak Tong), has a steep, tall staircase in the interior of the cave rising up to the top of its hill where one is greeted by a panoramic view of Ipoh and its surroundings. The statue of Buddha in Perak Tong was the tallest and largest of its kind in Malaysia when first commissioned. Source from Wikipedia.

Perak Cave Temple and the entrance

They are 40 Buddha statues Perak Tong temple, a main altar, and a passage that leads to the caves’ interior. Soon after, you will come to some 385 steps that will beckon to you. After climbing those stairs, you will be rewarded with a beautiful view of the countryside. Perak Tong was built in 1926 by a Buddhist priest from China. Source from allmalysia.info.

The Main statue and other Deities in this Limestone Cave.



This was our First time visit to the Famous Cave in Perak, Malaysia. The cave was so cooling while we enter, even it's under hot sunny day. I Love the cool air in the cave. We had a rest on the Rock along the walkway, and I can feel the cold! It's peaceful and cooling until I almost sleep on the rock!
We continue our journey by climbing up the 385 steep & long staircase. But we stopped at halfway, because my daughter was tired. The place has a nice scenery and I saw many tourist climb to the top...I wish I can finish it on my next visit...

The Steep staircase on the left after you enter the cave

The rest area where many peoples enjoy the scenic view of Ipoh town.

Scenic view part of Ipoh town

Along the way, I saw many interesting limestone in all kind of shapes...when you touch it. it's cold. Below are some photos of the Limestone.




After some climb, you will reach a small house which I'm not sure what was that for, and I had been attracted by the surrounding...




Another Steep staircase to the top. I called this 'Stairway to Heaven'.

There is another staircase going down at the back of the house...it's a small jungle within the city...


Tourists just came down from the Top of hill

After about an hour walk around the cave, we leave the cave and my wife went to the souvenir centre located at the left of the main entrance.

And we finish the visit at Perak Cave after we finish our two scope of Ice-Cream. Haha!
It's a peaceful place, I Love it!





View Larger Map

Our Ipoh Trip (Aug 2009)
* New Caspian Budget Hotel at Ipoh, Perak (D1)
* Lou Wong Bean Sprout Chicken Rice at Ipoh, Perak. (D1)
* Ipoh Railway Station, Perak (D1)
* Tuck Kee Noodle Restuarant at Ipoh, Perak (D1)
* Chang Keong Dim Sum at Ipoh (D2)
* The Lost World Of Tambun, Perak (D2)
* Tat Seng Salted Chicken at Ipoh, Perak (D2)
* Yee Fatt Dry Curry Noodle in Ipoh, Perak (D3)
* Yong Tau Foo under 'The Tree' in Ipoh, Perak. (D3)





MY TRIPS - Home

blog comments powered by Disqus