You have to walk through the Cactus Valley and the Big signage will appear in front of you. They also use the Hydr0ponic technology for most of the plant here.
Beside the main entrance, there are many colourful flowers for sale...
There was a beautiful landscape decoration after you step in to the farm...and a koi fish pond.
I noticed this plant were very special and makes you feel like winter! Haha! I believe it must be very popular during Christmas. Do you know the name of this plant below?
On the right, you will see this....sorry I'm bad with the plant name. :(
Then at the middle of the farm (I think it was the main farm), we saw Big Strawberry Farm on the right and huge Lettuces farm on the left...
On the right...
Mr Nachimuthu told us there are many types of strawberry, the type in the photo below are call "Cassarova" (correct me if I'm wrong) which are purely for export market. This type of strawberry is sweet, not like those sour type we can easily see it in the market.
They also make fully use of the space below the strawberry plants...
On my left are mostly the Lettuces...
Almost the end of the farm, there was a cafe & souvenir centre. We had nice cup of coffee with the Manager of the farm. He told me all the Lettuces here are export to Singapore, and you can taste it at all the KFC outlets in Singapore.
There was less visitors in the farm during our visit (weekday). It's really relax and easy to have a comfort walk around. If you wanna visit any Strawberry farm at Cameron Highlands, please try this huge farm. I believe you won't regret!
And it's definitely worth my second visit...
Map of The Big Red Strawberry Farm at Cameron Highlands
View Larger Map
My Cameron Highlands Trip - September 2009
* Rosa Passadena Hotel at Brinchang, Cameron Highlands (D1)
* Tanah Rata Town of Cameron Highlands 2009 (D1)
* Dinner at Rosa Passadena Hotel - Brinchang, Cameron Highlands (D1)
* The Mossy Forest of Cameron Highlands (September 2009) , Pahang (D2)
* Mount (Gunung) Brinchang Lookout Tower, Cameron Highlands - Pahang (D2)
* The Sungai Palas BOH Tea Plantation, Cameron Highlands (D2)
* The Time Tunnel Musuem of Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
* Lunch at Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
* Mr Nachimuthu's Strawberry Farm at Brinchang, Cameron Highlands (D2)
* Bala's Holiday Chalet at Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2) - Bad impression
* Traveler Pub and Bistro at Tanah Rata of Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
MY TRIPS - Home