It's located just on the left before the Cactus Valley entrance.
This farm belong to Mr Nachimuthu family since 1969 and it's FREE entrance. He was friendly and bring us along his farm. We learned a lot from him over the conversation around the Strawberry Farm.
Mr Nachimuthu patiently explain almost everything about strawberry, and I understand that all the Strawberry plant will only last for 2 years. And it takes about 40 days to harvest each time. After 2 years, they have to throw away the plant and start all new again...
During our visit, the strawberry are not ready for harvest, that's why you won't see many red strawberry around...
All the strawberry from his farm are export oversea, none of it gonna sell it local...Within this small farm, they will produce 15-20kg of Strawberry per day.
The technology is so advance and no need to put the fertilizer manually, different from those days...
We spent about almost an hour over here, and Mr Nachimuthu was so kind to gave us 2 boxes of fresh Strawberry (He pluck it on the spot). My wife and my daughter were so happy cos they Love Strawberry very much! We were very much appreciated that Mr Nachimuthu spend his time to company us and explain the operation of the farm. I told him I will visiting him again on my next trip! I Love it very much!
Then he brought us to the BIG Red Strawberry Farm which is located about 200 meter away...that I gonna blog about it in my next post.
View Larger Map
My Cameron Highlands Trip - September 2009
* Rosa Passadena Hotel at Brinchang, Cameron Highlands (D1)
* Tanah Rata Town of Cameron Highlands 2009 (D1)
* Dinner at Rosa Passadena Hotel - Brinchang, Cameron Highlands (D1)
* The Mossy Forest of Cameron Highlands (September 2009) , Pahang (D2)
* Mount (Gunung) Brinchang Lookout Tower, Cameron Highlands - Pahang (D2)
* The Sungai Palas BOH Tea Plantation, Cameron Highlands (D2)
* The Time Tunnel Musuem of Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
* Lunch at Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
* Big Red Strawberry Farm of Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
* Bala's Holiday Chalet at Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2) - Bad impression
* Traveler Pub and Bistro at Tanah Rata of Cameron Highlands, Pahang (D2)
MY TRIPS - Home