27 Jalan Kota, 75000 Melaka
Tel: 06-2833232 Fax: 06-2863236
Malaysia National Day (31st AUG 2008)
This was the first time we stay (one night) at this hotel for RM214.00 nett (inclusive of breakfast for 2). The actual rate is RM160.00 for superior room,
RM30 surcharge for holiday season and plus all the tax.
The room is spacious enough for a small family. Surprisingly, the bathroom equipped with bathtub.
Broadband provided free, roof top Jacuzzi & Pub. The ground floor is the Bamboo Hut Bistro & Restaurant.
Except 2 comments from me.....
1) No 'smile' on the reception lady & the waiter at Bamboo Hut Restaurant. (The only friendly smile was from the lady who sent the additional pillow to us!)
2) Internet provided only until 12am! Disappointed.
We chosed this hotel because it's located in the middle of the tourist area. And it's walking distance to most of the tourist attraction like : Stadhuys (Dutch Square), Jonker Walk, St Paul's Hill, Porta De Santiago, Museum Samudera, Pahlawan Shopping Complex, Taming Sari Tower, Mahkota Shopping Complex and many more....
It's only about 500 meter from the hotel to China town.
disadvantage of the hotel location is......there will be no restaurant around the area after midnight. If you hungry at that moment, the only way to fill your stomach are the snacks in your hotel room.
We had our western breakfast the next day at the Bamboo Hut Restaurant. It's good!
Overall I rated this hotel 3.5/5.
It's worth it for the money we paid. We will be back again......
View Larger Map
Related Melaka post :-
* Panaroma Malacca (Melaka) Tour Bus
* An Evening at Malacca (Melaka)
* Stadhuys, Malacca (Melaka)
* St. Paul's Church, Malacca
* Jonker Walk Night Market, Malacca (Melaka)
* Ole Sayang Nyonya Food Restaurant, Malacca (Melaka)
* Malacca (Melaka) River Cruise
* Dim Sum Restaurant at Malacca
* Special Homemade Herbal Tea at Malacca
* Portuguese Village, Malacca (Melaka)
* Famous Malacca's Popiah
* Hotel Equatorial, Malacca
* Taiwan Beef Noodle Malacca
* Nyonya Suan Restaurant, Malacca
* Mahkota Parade, Malacca
* Malacca (Melaka)
MY TRIPS - Home