The Babi Guling Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali
After a cup of coffee in Harris Resort, we heading to Kintamani for our 2nd day traveling in Bali. Along the way, we dropped by the Ubud town for our early lunch at the Famous Babi Guling (Suckling Pig) Warung Ibu Oka (S8 30.391 E115 15.747). (The Bali map from Navigasi.net had a huge offset on this restaurant)
It was full during our visit! That was about 11am, we took about 20 minutes for our table. There are 2 area where you can dine indoor where you have to sit on the floor and outdoor with shading...
While waiting...I taken some photos where they prepared the foods. They were extremely busy serving the customers at the 'warung'.
Employees were uniformed and prepare the foods seriously...
The above roasted pig was left about less than 10% before we leave the restaurant...
Some of my friend told me that, "You MUST try this suckling pig of Bali if you are visiting Bali! There are Plenty of restaurant selling 'Babi Guling', but you cannot miss the Babi Guling from Warung Ibu Oka!"
After about 10 minutes, the Delicious dishes were serve on our table! We did ordered a non-spicy for the children.
Quite a large portion was serve by the restaurant. Rp 25,000.00 (MYR9.00/USD2.50)
We took more than an hour to slowly enjoyed the delicious food!
Advised to have a coconut for the hot weather of Bali
The left over in the table...
“The family has been making babi guling for almost 60 years. Two generations of us. Originally, the business started at the market. I ran it there for the first five years after my parents-in-law died, and then moved the warung to Jl. Suweta 20 years ago,” she said of the business that now involves her whole family.
I noticed the customers come and leave Non-stop in this restaurant while we were enjoy the food, majority are tourist from all over the world and small portion of locals...Very GOOD business!
Rated : 4.5/5
Crowded dining area
Cute little girl with her parent
So if you are visit Bali, PLEASE give try on this Traditional Balinese Dishes!
Bali 5 days 4 nights trip :-
* My Bali Trip on June 2010 (D1)
* Harris Resort at Kuta, Bali (D1)
* Made's Warung at Kuta Beach Road (Jalan Pantai Kuta), Kuta - Bali (D1)
* Palace opposite Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali (D2)
* Tegallalang Rice Terrace at North Ubud Town, Bali (D2)
* Kintamani and Mount Batur at North Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* Fruit Stall around Kintamani area, Bali (D2)
* BAS Coffee Farm at Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* TJ's Mexican Bar and Restaurant at Kuta, Bali (D2)
* The Kuta Beach of Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Taman Ayun (Temple) at Mengwi, Bali - Indonesia (D3)
* Strawberry Park at Candikuning beside Beratan Lake - Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Ulun Danau (Temple) at Bratan Lake, Bali (D3)
* Pacung Indah Hotel And Restaurant at Bali (D3)
* One of the Famous Balinese Seven Sea Temples - Tanah Lot Temple of Bali (D3)
* Bebek Bengil - The Dirty Duck Diner at Ubud, Bali (D3)
* The Legian Street (Jalan) at Kuta, Bali (D3)
* Garuda Wisnu Kencana at Bukit Peninsula of Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Pura Luhur Uluwatu (Temple) at South Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Lia Cafe Seafood Restaurant at Jimbaran Bay, Bali (D4)
* Our Bali Humble Driver - Mr Agoes (D4)
* Farewell Bali Island! (D5)
Location map of Babi Guling Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali