"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Thursday, July 15, 2010

One of the Famous Balinese Seven Sea Temples - Tanah Lot Temple of Bali

Tanah Lot Temple (S8 37.046 E115 05.328) ("Temple of Land in the Middle of the Sea") was our next destination after the lunch at Pacung Indah Restaurant. I just prayed hard and hope be able to catch the spectacular sunset of it! (The sunset time in Bali - 6pm)

History of Pura Tanah Lot (Temple)
"Tanah Lot is claimed to be the work of the 15th century priest Nirartha. During his travels along the south coast he saw the rock-island's beautiful setting and rested there. Some fishermen saw him, and bought him gifts. Nirartha then spent the night on the little island. Later he spoke to the fishermen and told them to build a shrine on the rock for he felt it to be a holy place to worship the Balinese sea gods[3].
The Tanah Lot temple was built and has been a part of Balinese mythology for centuries. The temple is one of seven sea temples around the Balinese coast. Each of the sea temples were established within eyesight of the next to form a chain along the south-western coast.
At the base of the rocky island, poisonous sea snakes are believed to guard the temple from evil spirits and intruders. A giant snake purportedly protects the temple, which was created from Nirata’s scarf when he established the island." Source from Wiki.

The entrance fee was rp.10,000 (which is same as Pura Ulun Danau). After the main entrance, there were many souvenirs stalls along the way. The women would love to shopping around, but I had no time for this...cause I'm wanna catch the sunset of Tanah Lot Temple. :)
The stalls selling souvenirs after the entrance of Tanah Lot Temple

The area was Packed with tourist!

There were some interesting stalls around, but I got no time for that moment...think of come back later...
After about 400 meter walk from the main entrance, I saw this...

The Tanah Lot Temple entrance

Finally I had reached the Tanah Lot Temple! The area was crowded with tourists! I started to look for better photography area...Well, it was Beautiful!


Pura Tanah Lot (Temple) at Bali

When it's low tide (evening), we can walk close to the temple. But if it's high tide (morning), you will see the temple is surrounded with water! Temple in the sea.

Pura Tanah Lot (Temple) at Bali

The cave providing Holy Water

They were provided the Holy water. Surprisingly, the water was not salty and it was tasteless like normal plain water! And I didn't notice any snake around the cave, because I read somewhere online said that...the temple is guided by many snakes.

The rocks peoples step on it

I like the stone's formation of the temple and even the surrounding. But seems like I don't the luck cause the sun was covered by thick clouds! I can't see the Red Ball! Oh! Disappointed.

Sunset of Tanah Lot Temple, Bali

Without a choice, I stood up my tripod and started to shot on the surrounding water...
Some photos I took for sharing below...

Wave shooting at Tanah Lot Temple, Bali


This is the place I wanted to visit the Most! It was so nice and peaceful! I can just sit and do nothing but listen to the sound of the sea for an hour...

There are many area you can walk around, but time was limited for me. The sky was getting dark fast and I noticed there were still many peoples around even so late at Tanah Lot Temple...same as me!

I will definitely back here again for photography! There are so many area I haven't explore! Argh! Time was so limited...

Tourists were gone but the stalls still open...

I thought wanna shop around for souvenirs but I'm afraid the children might getting hungry. So I meet up with our group and continue the 1 hour 30 minutes journey to Ubud for our Dirty Duck Dinner.

Bye! Tanah Lot Temple, see you again next year!


Bali 5 days 4 nights trip :-
* My Bali Trip on June 2010 (D1)
* Harris Resort at Kuta, Bali (D1)
* Made's Warung at Kuta Beach Road (Jalan Pantai Kuta), Kuta - Bali (D1)
* Babi Guling (Suckling pig) of Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud town, Bali (D2)
* Palace opposite Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali (D2)
* Tegallalang Rice Terrace at North Ubud Town, Bali (D2)
* Kintamani and Mount Batur at North Bali, Indonesia (D2) 
* Fruit Stall around Kintamani area, Bali (D2) 
* BAS Coffee Farm at Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* TJ's Mexican Bar and Restaurant at Kuta, Bali (D2)
* The Kuta Beach of Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Taman Ayun (Temple) at Mengwi, Bali - Indonesia (D3)
* Strawberry Park at Candikuning beside Beratan Lake - Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Ulun Danau (Temple) at Bratan Lake, Bali (D3)
* Pacung Indah Hotel And Restaurant at Bali (D3) 
* Bebek Bengil - The Dirty Duck Diner at Ubud, Bali (D3)
* The Legian Street (Jalan) at Kuta, Bali (D3)
* Bali Collection at Nusa Dua, Bali (D4) 
* Garuda Wisnu Kencana at Bukit Peninsula of Bali, Indonesia (D4) 
* Pura Luhur Uluwatu (Temple) at South Bali, Indonesia (D4) 
* Lia Cafe Seafood Restaurant at Jimbaran Bay, Bali (D4) 
*  Our Bali Humble Driver - Mr Agoes (D4)
*  Farewell Bali Island! (D5) 






Location map of Pura Tanah Lot (Temple) of Bali, Indonesia


blog comments powered by Disqus