Once you pay the entrance fee, you will be given the 'Sarong' or a 'Waist String'. To respect to the Holy Temple.
Caution : You are advise NOT to bring any snacks and keep all the sun glasses, hair clip in you bag or keep in the car. Take extra care of your Compact Camera! Because beside the famous temple, the area also Famous with Naughty Monkeys!
The monkeys spotted once you step into the entrance
There are pathway and staircases to climb before you reach the Temple. Children are advise not to run within the area.
The Kecak Dance performing platform
About 5-10 minutes walked, we reached the Famous Uluwatu Temple of Bali.
The Uluwatu Temple of Bali
"Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of Bali's kayangan jagat (directional temples) and guards Bali from evil spirits from the SW, in which dwell major deities, in Uluwatu's case; Bhatara Rudra, God of the elements and of cosmic force majeures. Bali's most spectacular temples located high on a cliff top at the edge of a plateau 250 feet above the waves of the Indian Ocean. Uluwatu lies at the southern tip of Bali in Badung Regency. Dedicated to the spirits of the sea, the famous Pura Luhur Uluwatu temple is an architectural wonder in black coral rock, beautifully designed with spectacular views. This is a popular place to enjoy the sunset. Famous not only for its unique position, Uluwatu also boasts one of the oldest temples in Bali, Pura Uluwatu. Most of Bali's regencies have Pura Luhur (literally high temples or ascension temples) which become the focus for massive pilgrimages during three or five day odalan anniversaries. The photogenic Tanah Lot and the Bat Cave temple, Goa Lawah, is also Pura Luhur. Not all Pura Luhur are on the coast, however but all have inspiring locations, overlooking large bodies of water." Source from Uluwatu Temple Tourism.
On the right side, we were impressed by this Breathtaking view of the cliff!
Breathtaking view from Uluwatu Temple
"Pura Uluwatu is located on the cliff top close to the famous surf break on the SW of the Bukit peninsula. Empu Kuturan, a Javanese Hindu priest who built the tiered meru, founded the temple in the 10th century and a shrine here as well as at other key locations longs the Balinese coast."
You be able to walk till the end of the cliff but we did not, because we need to protect the kids from the monkeys! :) (Advise not to leave the kids alone in the temple area)
I took some portraits of the Famous Naughty Monkeys
Beware! I did captured one of them holding the hair clip from one of the Japanese tourist!
The monkey's hand was holding the clip which grabbed from the tourist
Our driver - Mr Agoes was Kind enough by holding a tree branch and standing beside us! He said, once you hold something on your hand, the monkeys Dare Not get close to you. Haha! That was a Great experience!
We spent more than an hour within the temple because of waiting for the beautiful sunset. But the weather was Not on our side again! It was same as the Tanah Lot sunset! The Red Ball was covered by thick clouds! What A luck
Tourist, monkeys and the sunset - Uluwatu Temple
We left the place after dark, during that time...the Famous Kecak Dance show has began...we gave it a miss because we were planned & heading to our dinner at Jimbaran Bay! :)
Bye! Uluwatu Temple of Bali
Bali 5 days 4 nights trip :-
* My Bali Trip on June 2010 (D1)
* Harris Resort at Kuta, Bali (D1)
* Made's Warung at Kuta Beach Road (Jalan Pantai Kuta), Kuta - Bali (D1)
* Babi Guling (Suckling pig) of Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud town, Bali (D2)
* Palace opposite Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali (D2)
* Tegallalang Rice Terrace at North Ubud Town, Bali (D2)
* Kintamani and Mount Batur at North Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* Fruit Stall around Kintamani area, Bali (D2)
* BAS Coffee Farm at Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* TJ's Mexican Bar and Restaurant at Kuta, Bali (D2)
* The Kuta Beach of Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Taman Ayun (Temple) at Mengwi, Bali - Indonesia (D3)
* Strawberry Park at Candikuning beside Beratan Lake - Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Ulun Danau (Temple) at Bratan Lake, Bali (D3)
* Pacung Indah Hotel And Restaurant at Bali (D3)
* One of the Famous Balinese Seven Sea Temples - Tanah Lot Temple of Bali (D3)
* Bebek Bengil - The Dirty Duck Diner at Ubud, Bali (D3)
* The Legian Street (Jalan) at Kuta, Bali (D3)
* Bali Collection at Nusa Dua, Bali (D4)
* Garuda Wisnu Kencana at Bukit Peninsula of Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Lia Cafe Seafood Restaurant at Jimbaran Bay, Bali (D4)
* Farewell Bali Island! (D5)
* Our Bali Humble Driver - Mr Agoes (D4)
Location map of Uluwatu Temple at Bali, Indonesia