Kintamani (S8 16.614 E115 21.051) is located at the north of the Bali Island. The entrance fee was rp22,000.00 for the 6 adults and 2 children. We decided to view the Volcano Mount Batur at one of the restaurant named 'Grand Puncak Sari' (S8 16.352 E115 20.839).
"Mount Batur (Gunung Batur) is an active volcano located at the center of two concentric calderas north west of Mount Agung, Bali, Indonesia. The south east side of the larger 10×13 km caldera contains a caldera lake. The inner 7.5-kilometer-wide caldera, which was formed during emplacement of the Bali (or Ubud) ignimbrite, has been dated at about 23,670 and 28,500 years ago." Source from Wiki.
Grand Puncak Sari Hotel and Restaurant
The Grand Puncak Sari Restaurant is located about 700 meter from the entrance of Kintamani. The restaurant dining area are divided into indoor and outdoor 2 session. They are serving buffet lunch while we arrived, but we already had our lunch at Warung Ibu Oka and we just intend for a drink. So we ONLY allow to sit indoor where the outdoor session (better view of Mount Batur) is for customers who order the food! That's normal, don't worry! :)
The outdoor session of Grand Puncak Sari Restaurant
The indoor area of Grand Puncak Sari Restaurant
This was the first time I tasted the Bali Coffee! Hmm...taste nice!
The Bali Coffee - rp.6,500.00 (MYR2.50 / USD0.75)
I did check the altitude of the restaurant was 1360 meter from Garmin etrex HCX GPS device.
The GPS device shows altitude at 1360meter
Some photos of the Breathtaking view of Mount Batur and the Batur Lake...
The Mount (Gunung) Batur Volcano of Bali
You can see the Lava clearly from this photo above
Lake Batur from far away...
Too bad the summit of Mount Batur was covered with thick clouds...
The weather at Kintamani is cooling, temperature was around 23C-26C. I can imagine how nice if we put a night at the Hotel here...but beside enjoy the cool air at night, there might not have other activity. Quite boring...
We were off from the restaurant after 30 minutes rest, and still looking for a better viewing area for the Volcano...and we found this! About 2.5km East from the restaurant (S8 16.972 E115 21.867). The view was much better! And the area we stand were closer to the Lake Batur.
The local women selling drinks to visitors
Many peoples gather around here to witnesses the Beauty of Mount Batur! I like it very much!
Mount Batur from another angle
And more closer to Lake Batur
After all photos were taken...we continue our journey to the next tourist hotspot and bye-bye to the Beautiful Nature!
Bali 5 days 4 nights trip :-
* My Bali Trip on June 2010 (D1)
* Harris Resort at Kuta, Bali (D1)
* Made's Warung at Kuta Beach Road (Jalan Pantai Kuta), Kuta - Bali (D1)
* Babi Guling (Suckling pig) of Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud town, Bali (D2)
* Palace opposite Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali (D2)
* Tegallalang Rice Terrace at North Ubud Town, Bali (D2)
* Fruit Stall around Kintamani area, Bali (D2)
* BAS Coffee Farm at Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* TJ's Mexican Bar and Restaurant at Kuta, Bali (D2)
* The Kuta Beach of Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Taman Ayun (Temple) at Mengwi, Bali - Indonesia (D3)
* Strawberry Park at Candikuning beside Beratan Lake - Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Ulun Danau (Temple) at Bratan Lake, Bali (D3)
* Pacung Indah Hotel And Restaurant at Bali (D3)
* One of the Famous Balinese Seven Sea Temples - Tanah Lot Temple of Bali (D3)
* Bebek Bengil - The Dirty Duck Diner at Ubud, Bali (D3)
* The Legian Street (Jalan) at Kuta, Bali (D3)
* Garuda Wisnu Kencana at Bukit Peninsula of Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Pura Luhur Uluwatu (Temple) at South Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Lia Cafe Seafood Restaurant at Jimbaran Bay, Bali (D4)
* Our Bali Humble Driver - Mr Agoes (D4)
* Farewell Bali Island! (D5)
Location map of Kintamani at Bali Island