The entrance to Bebek Bengil Restaurant, Ubud
The restaurant is operated 10 years ago since year 1990. The entrance doesn't look grand to us where you gotta walk through a small alley...
I did a reservation on the Famous Balinese Smoked Duck 1 day before, (this is the only dish you have to order in advance) and paid rp.50,000 for the booking fee (refundable). A Must-Try-Dish according to the fellow bloggers - J2kfm & foongpc, and I also took the chance to snap around the relaxing environment before it's getting dark...
The restaurant is spacious and nicely situated in the paddy field
The main dining hall
We reserved this Hut - No.28
The lotus pond
Tanah Lot Temple to Ubud. We were starving when arrived in this restaurant! The staff was expected our arrival once we step into the restaurant! We were bought to our booking Hut by the waitress and took our food order in a polite and humble attitude. I like it!
Beside the Signature Dish - Balinese Smoked Duck (rp.187,000 / MYR68.00), our others food order :-
- Bebek Bengil - Crispy Duck (signature dish) (rp.68,000 / MYR25.00)
- Pepes Ikan Bumbu Bali (rp.67,000 / MYR24.00)
- Moroccan Chicken Salad (rp.47,000 / MYR17.00)
- Barbeque Pork Ribs (rp.65,000 / MYR23.50)
- Nasi Campur Bali (rp.37,000 / MYR13.50)
- Avocado Juice (rp.24,000 / MYR8.60)
- A Jug of Bintang Draught Beer - for the men (rp.121,000 / MYR44.00)- A bottle of Hatten Rose Red Wine - for the women (rp.216,000 / MYR78.00)
Package of Balinese Smoked Duck
The Balinese Smoked Duck was served with plate of bean curd, satays and krupuk.
Bebek Bengil - The Crispy Duck
My wife and daughter had the Nasi Campur Bali.
Nasi Campur Bali
Follow by other foods...
Pepes Ikan Bumbu Bali
Moroccan Chicken Salad
Barbeque Pork Ribs
I was worried...how are we gonna finish all these foods! :)
This was One of the BEST Dining Experience we ever had! Relaxing and peaceful in this serene paddy field restaurant! We enjoyed the Balinese Delicacies very much!
The night atmosphere of the Bebek Bengil Restaurant
The Damage : rp.960,000 (MYR348.00 / USD103.00) included service & tax for 6 adults and 2 children.
There were 2 impressive experiences from the restaurant :-
1) The waiter was stand-by for service beside our Hut for the whole night!
2) The honest manager was remind me to claimed back the deposit I had paid for the Balinese Smoked Duck reservation which I almost forgot!
Rated : 4.8/5
Despite the negative reviews of some visitors from the internet. I felt it's worth second visit! I will be back!
Bebek Bengil - Dirty Duck Diner
Hanoman Street, Padang Tegal,
Tel/fax : (62-361) 975 489
Email : email@example.com
Bali 5 days 4 nights trip :-
* My Bali Trip on June 2010 (D1)
* Harris Resort at Kuta, Bali (D1)
* Made's Warung at Kuta Beach Road (Jalan Pantai Kuta), Kuta - Bali (D1)
* Babi Guling (Suckling pig) of Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud town, Bali (D2)
* Palace opposite Warung Ibu Oka at Ubud, Bali (D2)
* Tegallalang Rice Terrace at North Ubud Town, Bali (D2)
* Kintamani and Mount Batur at North Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* Fruit Stall around Kintamani area, Bali (D2)
* BAS Coffee Farm at Bali, Indonesia (D2)
* TJ's Mexican Bar and Restaurant at Kuta, Bali (D2)
* The Kuta Beach of Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Taman Ayun (Temple) at Mengwi, Bali - Indonesia (D3)
* Strawberry Park at Candikuning beside Beratan Lake - Bali, Indonesia (D3)
* Pura Ulun Danau (Temple) at Bratan Lake, Bali (D3)
* Pacung Indah Hotel And Restaurant at Bali (D3)
* One of the Famous Balinese Seven Sea Temples - Tanah Lot Temple of Bali (D3)
* The Legian Street (Jalan) at Kuta, Bali (D3)
* Bali Collection at Nusa Dua, Bali (D4)
* Garuda Wisnu Kencana at Bukit Peninsula of Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Pura Luhur Uluwatu (Temple) at South Bali, Indonesia (D4)
* Lia Cafe Seafood Restaurant at Jimbaran Bay, Bali (D4)
* Our Bali Humble Driver - Mr Agoes (D4)
* Farewell Bali Island! (D5)
Location map of Bebek Bengil - The Dirty Duck Diner at Ubud, Bali