"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center, Butterworth

Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center (N5°25.913' E100°23.078')

We reached Butterworth around 1.30am of 25th January, 2009. I was totally exhausted cause of 9 hours driving...and this make me sleep until 12pm noon.

Once we wake up, the first thing we gonna solve is to fill our stomach. It was the eve of the Chinese New Year, so I dare not put too much hope on my favorite foods. We just drive around and depend on our luck. It was just 'too good to be true', the Hawker Center at Sing Tat Garden - Jalan Raja Uda was still on business!

Do you notice the metal chairs and tables ? They are existed 50 years ago...

Waste no time, we quickly jumped into the food court and order our favorite foods! Not many choices....my wife and daughter were having the Kuay Teow Soup and I ordered the Char Kuay Teow (Fried). Even the foods were average, not the best in town....but I felt very nice because it's been two year I haven't taste any Penang foods!

The Char Kuey Teow of Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center.

The hawkers.

This Food Court is existed more than 50 years ago. Foods serve here are very unique, and some of them you can't find the same taste elsewhere. Especially the Economy fried Mee-Hoon and Kuay Teow.

We finished our lunch in 30 minutes, and went to the Biggest Shopping Mall at Butterworth - Pacific Mega Mall. Surprisingly, all the stalls were still open on the eve of Chinese New Year. I believe this is somehow related to the World Economy downturn....

Penang Trip - Chinese New Year 2009 :-
* Dengkil R & R (RSA) Area - Selangor
* Blossom Seafood Steamboat at Auto City, Butterworth
* The Nine Emperor Gods Temple (九皇大帝) at Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth
* Long House Seafood Restaurant, Batu Kawan - Butterworth
* Auto City of Juru - Butterworth
* 1926 Heritage Hotel at Burmah Road, Penang
* Funicular Train Station at Penang Hill, Ayer Itam - Penang
* Top of Penang Hill (Flagstaff Hill), Penang
* David Brown's Restaurant, Penang Hill - Penang
* Bellevue Hotel at Penang Hill, Penang
* Famous Tau Sar Pneah of Penang
* My CNY Penang Trip






MY TRIPS - Home

blog comments powered by Disqus