"We are providing individual and commercial Event Photography services to capture your precious moment within Johor Bahru.
'Email' me for more info. You can get my email by click on my profile. Thanks."




* This blog 'comment box' currently does not support Safari Browser, apologies!


Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Nine Emperor Gods Temple (九皇大帝) at Jalan Raja Uda, Butterworth

The Nine Emperor Gods Temple (N5°26.415' E100°23.235')

This is the local culture. During the Eve of the Chinese New Year, everyone (all ages) within this area (Buddhism or Taoism) will start praying from one temple to another after 12am till morning. (I'm not sure about other state in Malaysia, but in Penang state - Yes.) This year I decided to follow my brother to tour around the Temples at Butterworth.

We were having rest at my brother house after the dinner, kids were playing the fireworks surrounding. But this year was different from previous year! I can't feel the New Year Atmosphere! Because of the Local Authorities Restriction for burning the Fire Cracker, I hardly hear any of them! Not even the Beautiful Fireworks!

My brother went out around 2.30am. The streets of Butterworth was busy even it's already 3am in the morning. This is the Sleepless Night for everyone at Butterworth and Penang!

Among all the temples we went, this the biggest and most beautiful temple at Butterworth - The Nine (9) Emperor Gods Temple (correct me if I'm wrong) at Jalan Raja Uda. The temple was just completed on 2008.

There is a vehicle parking space in front of the Temple...

The main entrance.

The walls surrounded the temple are having this beautiful handicraft from China, which are also donated by the peoples.

Every pillars are the alomost same and look like this...(the picture below)

Before you entering the main hall, there are 4 guards at the both side...



Even the Doors are guarded...

The main Deites of the Temple - The Nine Emperor Gods

As I walked to the second hall, I found this!

At the second hall, most of the design are somehow related to Dragon...

The roof of the second hall.



The pillar and the door design

We spent almost 30 minutes over this beautiful temple....

The side view of the Temple.

The Stone craft Lion. It's very common at most of the Temple

Below are the pictures of other temple we visited...



The Temple at Sungai Puyu, Butterworth.

We finished around 5.00am. Wah! I'm so tired and exhuasted!

This is the Chinese culture during the Chinese New Year, they practice since many century ago....


Penang Trip - Chinese New Year 2009 :-
* Dengkil R & R (RSA) Area - Selangor
* Sing Tat Garden Hawker Center, Butterworth
* Blossom Seafood Steamboat at Auto City, Butterworth
* Long House Seafood Restaurant, Batu Kawan - Butterworth
* Auto City of Juru - Butterworth
* 1926 Heritage Hotel at Burmah Road, Penang
* Funicular Train Station at Penang Hill, Ayer Itam - Penang
* Top of Penang Hill (Flagstaff Hill), Penang
* David Brown's Restaurant, Penang Hill - Penang
* Bellevue Hotel at Penang Hill, Penang
* Famous Tau Sar Pneah of Penang
* My CNY Penang Trip





MY TRIPS - Home

blog comments powered by Disqus